Setting up my server to send emails using IMAP and a custom domain The Next CEO of Stack...

Spaces in which all closed sets are regular closed

What steps are necessary to read a Modern SSD in Medieval Europe?

How to Implement Deterministic Encryption Safely in .NET

How can I make proper oatmeal cookies?

How to use ReplaceAll on an expression that contains a rule

Why did early computer designers eschew integers?

Is there an equivalent of cd - for cp or mv

Is a distribution that is normal, but highly skewed, considered Gaussian?

Why is information "lost" when it got into a black hole?

Calculate the Mean mean of two numbers

Is it ever safe to open a suspicious HTML file (e.g. email attachment)?

Lucky Feat: How can "more than one creature spend a luck point to influence the outcome of a roll"?

Does the Idaho Potato Commission associate potato skins with healthy eating?

Won the lottery - how do I keep the money?

Why don't programming languages automatically manage the synchronous/asynchronous problem?

Is it ok to trim down a tube patch?

Why is the US ranked as #45 in Press Freedom ratings, despite its extremely permissive free speech laws?

Is it convenient to ask the journal's editor for two additional days to complete a review?

From jafe to El-Guest

Raspberry pi 3 B with Ubuntu 18.04 server arm64: what chip

Physiological effects of huge anime eyes

What is the process for purifying your home if you believe it may have been previously used for pagan worship?

How to avoid supervisors with prejudiced views?

Can Sneak Attack be used when hitting with an improvised weapon?



Setting up my server to send emails using IMAP and a custom domain



The Next CEO of Stack OverflowWhich email client works best with GMail IMAP?Postfix SMTP server: Emails not being queued for retry when greylisted [submission by email clients]Can exim be configured to send all emails externally?Send mail using SMTP from multiple computers using just an ubuntu server?configure postfix so emails will sendIMAP mailbox not downloading filesUbuntu 15.10 server - Do I need an email client on my server for it to get, read and parse emails?Emails to root go to root@localhost and BCC my aliased addressHow to configure Unattended Upgrades to send emails to all users?How to setup a mail server on Ubuntu to send and receive mail?












0















Objective:
Send an email via CLI using a my email address via IMAP, making sure it doesn't get sent to a SPAM folder. I only need to send, not read emails.



Much of the tutorials I see out there are for sending emails using Gmail. I would like to send myself an email from another one of my emails (using IMAP).



For example
from me1@example.com to me2@example.com -subject='Completed Task' -body='Task Complete, please review.'



As I would like to make sure this gets sent properly, I'd like to setup the package(s) so that it has all of the credentials as you would via a GUI app such as Thunderbird.



I am using Ubuntu server 18



Thanks for your help of pointing me in the right direction.










share|improve this question



























    0















    Objective:
    Send an email via CLI using a my email address via IMAP, making sure it doesn't get sent to a SPAM folder. I only need to send, not read emails.



    Much of the tutorials I see out there are for sending emails using Gmail. I would like to send myself an email from another one of my emails (using IMAP).



    For example
    from me1@example.com to me2@example.com -subject='Completed Task' -body='Task Complete, please review.'



    As I would like to make sure this gets sent properly, I'd like to setup the package(s) so that it has all of the credentials as you would via a GUI app such as Thunderbird.



    I am using Ubuntu server 18



    Thanks for your help of pointing me in the right direction.










    share|improve this question

























      0












      0








      0








      Objective:
      Send an email via CLI using a my email address via IMAP, making sure it doesn't get sent to a SPAM folder. I only need to send, not read emails.



      Much of the tutorials I see out there are for sending emails using Gmail. I would like to send myself an email from another one of my emails (using IMAP).



      For example
      from me1@example.com to me2@example.com -subject='Completed Task' -body='Task Complete, please review.'



      As I would like to make sure this gets sent properly, I'd like to setup the package(s) so that it has all of the credentials as you would via a GUI app such as Thunderbird.



      I am using Ubuntu server 18



      Thanks for your help of pointing me in the right direction.










      share|improve this question














      Objective:
      Send an email via CLI using a my email address via IMAP, making sure it doesn't get sent to a SPAM folder. I only need to send, not read emails.



      Much of the tutorials I see out there are for sending emails using Gmail. I would like to send myself an email from another one of my emails (using IMAP).



      For example
      from me1@example.com to me2@example.com -subject='Completed Task' -body='Task Complete, please review.'



      As I would like to make sure this gets sent properly, I'd like to setup the package(s) so that it has all of the credentials as you would via a GUI app such as Thunderbird.



      I am using Ubuntu server 18



      Thanks for your help of pointing me in the right direction.







      server email






      share|improve this question













      share|improve this question











      share|improve this question




      share|improve this question










      asked 24 mins ago









      vsiegevsiege

      12




      12






















          0






          active

          oldest

          votes












          Your Answer








          StackExchange.ready(function() {
          var channelOptions = {
          tags: "".split(" "),
          id: "89"
          };
          initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

          StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function() {
          // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
          if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled) {
          StackExchange.using("snippets", function() {
          createEditor();
          });
          }
          else {
          createEditor();
          }
          });

          function createEditor() {
          StackExchange.prepareEditor({
          heartbeatType: 'answer',
          autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
          convertImagesToLinks: true,
          noModals: true,
          showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
          reputationToPostImages: 10,
          bindNavPrevention: true,
          postfix: "",
          imageUploader: {
          brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
          contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
          allowUrls: true
          },
          onDemand: true,
          discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
          ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
          });


          }
          });














          draft saved

          draft discarded


















          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1130275%2fsetting-up-my-server-to-send-emails-using-imap-and-a-custom-domain%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown

























          0






          active

          oldest

          votes








          0






          active

          oldest

          votes









          active

          oldest

          votes






          active

          oldest

          votes
















          draft saved

          draft discarded




















































          Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


          • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

          But avoid



          • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

          • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.


          To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




          draft saved


          draft discarded














          StackExchange.ready(
          function () {
          StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1130275%2fsetting-up-my-server-to-send-emails-using-imap-and-a-custom-domain%23new-answer', 'question_page');
          }
          );

          Post as a guest















          Required, but never shown





















































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown

































          Required, but never shown














          Required, but never shown












          Required, but never shown







          Required, but never shown







          Popular posts from this blog

          Why do type traits not work with types in namespace scope?What are POD types in C++?Why can templates only be...

          Will tsunami waves travel forever if there was no land?Why do tsunami waves begin with the water flowing away...

          Should I use Docker or LXD?How to cache (more) data on SSD/RAM to avoid spin up?Unable to get Windows File...